Wednesday 12 October 2016

12/10/16 Life drawing class

In class we had the same model from last week, the first image drawn was, as always, a way of limbering myself up, I always use the first image as a way for me to get back into the swing of things so I used 6B pencil and let myself freely draw with no restrictions.


After receiving positive reviews I decided to up my game and give myself a bigger task, I decided i was going to use a flesh toned pastel to draw in the highlights, no lines, only highlights, this went well until i discovered that in my position the highlights weren't prevalent enough to create a full image so i picked up some charcoal and added in shadow to try and get a better representation of what i can see.

The 3rd task was to draw 10 quick images between 30 seconds and 3 minutes long, I decided to use a gel pen to change things up a little and went with a continuous line for most of the images.

Lastly we were told to do our own study of the model, whether that be face, hands, torso or whatever, we were allowed to draw in sketchbooks, this sounded great to me as it was a chance to show my personal style which went down very well with the tutor and the model who complimented my work.

A very proud moment for sure.

2 comments:

  1. some lovely stuff here, Dave - and the orange/charcoal drawing is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I think it was the teachers fave as well.

      Delete